Happy Thursday! It's Miracle Treat Day!! I love miracle treat day.. As if I needed an excuse to have a DQ Blizzard.. ha ha ha.. But this time, it's for the kids, so if I must.. I am really thinking maybe i'll have 2, after all it's for charity.. :) Those calories don't count! So get out there and support CMN today! Here's what you missed on the show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: Ladies, there's a 72% chance you've got on the wrong what?
A: Bra! 7 in 10 wear the wrong size!
Bonehead Of The Day:
A New Jersey police officer stopped at a convenience store to use the bathroom and ended up arresting a man there who was breaking up marijuana on a $100 bill.
When the officer opened the bathroom door, he saw a 19-year-old man sitting backward, fully clothed on the toilet. When he saw the officer, he tried to hide the marijuana but it didn't work.
The officer took the guy to jail, but not before using the bathroom.
Things Your Parents Knew In 1980 That You Have No Clue About Today
Here are some facts that college kids in the 80's knew that kids today don't seem to have a clue about:
1. Less students today know that the capital of France in Paris. Some other depressing geographic factoids include that 30% of kids surveyed today thought Baghdad was the capital of Afghanistan (it's in Iraq) and 21% thought Budapest was the capital of India (it's in Hungary.)
2. Who discovered electricity? If you answered "Steve Jobs" then congratulations - you're ready to be a student in 2012 as many did not know Benjamin Franklin did that whole key on a kite string thing.
3. General American history factoids are less known today than they were in 1980 including who said "The British Are Coming" (Paul Revere) and who sewed the first American Flag (Betsy Ross.)
4. Who's that queen from Egypt? Not too many current college students could identify Cleopatra.
5. Humphry Bogart...what movie was he in again? Doesn't seem like most kids today know of his film "Casablanca".
6. With students on more prescription medication today than ever before one way that today's youth beat those of the 80's is in frequency and knowledge of migranes.
7. Take this 1980's kids - thanks to new films from Marvel our youth are completely up to date on who Batman is (Bruce Wayne) and his butler (Alfred.)
8. Think cigarettes are dated? Think again. More kids today know their brand of cigarettes than in the 80's.
9. Maybe kids today are a little more cultural - they tended to know what a kilt was more than those in the 80's.
10. You gotta know your Disney! Today's youth were able to identify characters from Walt Disney films and animated series far easier than those in the 80's.
(Parent Alert)... Want Your Kid To Be Successful, Don't Let Them Date In Middle Schoool
A researcher (from the University of Georgia )said kids who date in middle school aren't as good of studiers, have more problems with drugs and alcohol and are more likely to drop out of high school.
The research studied 624 kids over 7 years.
Harrison Ford Says Indiana Jones May Return For 5th Film
Harrison Ford says he might reprise the role as Indiana Jones for one more movie.
The actor said it's perfectly appropriate and okay for Indiana Jones to come back again-- but with a great movie around him, so he doesn't necessarily have to kick as much ass.
It would be the fifth movie in the series. "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" came out in 2008 and made over $317 million at the box office.
~~Actor, Dustin Hoffman is 76 (Tootsie, All The President's Men, Rain Man, Kramer vs. Kramer, Midnight Cowboy, Ishtar, Dick Tracy, Hook's Captain Hook, Simpsons' Mr. Bergstrom, Sleepers, Midnight Cowboy (X), Little Big Man, Outbreak, Mad City, Wag the Dog, Sphere, Moonlight Mile, Runaway Jury, I Love Huckabees, Finding Neverland, Meet The Fockers, Racing Stripes, Stranger Than Fiction, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, The Tale of Desperaux, Last Chance Harvey; more)
~~Actor, Michael Urie is 33 (Ugly Betty)
~~Actress, Countess Vaughn is 35 (The Parkers, Moesha)
~~Actress, Meagan Good is 32 (Brice; Stomp the Yard; Saw V; Roll Bounce; Californication)
~~News anchor Deborah Norville is 55.
~~Actor, Keith Carradine is 64 (The Duelists; Cowboys & Aliens; Dexter; Madonna: The Immaculate Collection-- her then boyfriend)
~~Actress Peyton List ("Mad Men") is 27
~~Actor Donny Most (Ralph Malph on "Happy Days") is 60.
~~Radio Host, Robin Quivers is 61 (Howard Stern Radio Show)
~~Actress, Lindsay Sloane is 36 (Sabrina the Teenage Witch's Valerie Brickhead, Grosse Pointe; The Other Guys)
~~Actress, Connie Stevens is 75 (Hawaiian Eye; Never Too Late; Grease 2; Love Boat; Fantasy Island; many more)
~~Actress, Nita Talbot is 83 (The Thin Man, Jim Backus Show, Here We Go Again, Supertrain)
~~Actress, Esther Williams is 92 ( Take Me Out to the Ball Game; That's Entertainment II)
~~Actor Richard Anderson ("The Six Million Dollar Man," ''The Bionic Woman") is 87
~~ Actor Larry Wilcox ("CHiPS") is 66
~~Tennis superstar Roger Federer is 32
~~Singer Scott Stapp (of Creed) is 40.
~~Guitarist The Edge (of U2) is 52.
~~Drummer Rikki Rockett (of Poison) is 52.
~~Singer J.C. Chasez (of 'N Sync) is 37.
~~Singer Drew Lachey (of 98 Degrees) is 37.
~~Rapper Kool Moe Dee is 51
~~Guitarist Tom Linton (of Jimmy Eat World) is 38.
~~Singer Marsha Ambrosius (Floetry) is 36.
~~Drummer Liberty DeVitto (Billy Joel's longtime band member before their falling out) is 63
~~Keyboardist Dennis Drew (of 10,000 Maniacs) is 56.
~~Singer Airrion Love (of The Stylistics) is 64.
~~Country singer Mel Tillis is 81.
~~Country singer Mark Wills is 40
~~Country singer Phil Balsley (of The Statler Brothers) is 74
~~Country singer Jamie O'Hara is 63
Grapes That Taste Like Cotton Candy?
Farmers in California have created an all-natural grape that tastes like cotton candy.
The farmers combined two grape species through hand pollination to create a seedless green grape which taste like the sugary treat.
They didn't even use any genetic engineering or artificial flavors in the fruit.
The grapes cost $6 per flavor-filled pound and are being distributed to grocery stores across the US this week.
Powerball 3 Winners For $448 Million Pot
Three tickets matched all six Powerball numbers and will split the $448 million jackpot.
One ticket was sold in Minnesota, and TWO in New Jersey.
The numbers drawn Wednesday night were: 05, 25, 30, 58, 59 and Powerball 32.
Video Of The Day:
So I am a huge Muppets fan, and yesterday the trailer for the new movie came out.. Check it out.. Looks great!