Hello, how are you today? Hope you're having a good day.. Thanks for stopping by my blog.. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: Having one of THESE adds 7 hrs of housework to the avg. woman's week.
A: A husband!
Bonehead Of The Day:
A Chinese man was almost sent to the U.S. after he locked himself in a storage container.
He was SO drunk, he thought the container was his hotel room.
When the man woke up the next morning he realized he was locked in and called people he knew for help. He got ahold of the cops who came and let him out.
The cops asked the man to make noise so they could find what container he was in.
Consider This Before You Procreate.. The Average Child Will Cost You $241,080 To Raise
The cost of raising a kid in the US is going up-- and is now over $240,000.
The Department of Agriculture estimates it will cost $241,080 for a middle-income couple to raise a child born last year for 18 years. That's up almost 3% from 2011 and doesn't even include the cost of college.
The estimate includes expenses for housing, food, transportation, clothing, health care, education and child care, as well as miscellaneous expenses, such as toys and computers.
Coming Soon, Computer Chips That Are More Like The Human Brain
Computer scientists in Idaho want to make a computer chip that works more like a human brain.
If they are successful, they could create operating systems that can adapt, learn and respond to their environment.
The chips could also mimic how the brain processes information.
The study is taking place at Boise State.
Bill Gates Wants To Make Reading More Like Watching A Movie
Bill Gates and nine of his rich pals have filed a patent that will make plain old boring reading a thing of the past.
"Autogenerating Video From Text" does exactly what is says….it's a program that can read and analyze text and then create a video image based on what's written.
So…you take a picture of a book you're reading about WWI with your smartphone, and the program would generate a synthesized video of the action.
Instead of just reading names and dates, you may actually see soldiers running across a battlefield.
You'd also be able to personalize it so that you could actually watch scenes acted out with your friends or family members.
~~Actor/director, Ben Affleck is 41 (Armageddon, Shakespeare in Love, Forces of Nature, Reindeer Games, Pearl Harbor, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Changing Lanes, The Sum of All Fears, Daredevil, Paycheck, Jersey Girl, Surviving Christmas, Hollywoodland, State of Play; The Town; The Company Men; Argo)
~~Actor/comedian, Anthony Anderson is 43 (Hang Time, My Baby's Daddy; The Departed; Transformers; Hustle & Flow; Law & Order)
~~Actress, Natasha Henstridge is 39 (Species; The Whole Nine Yards)
~~Actress, Debra Messing is 45 ( NYPD Blue, Ned and Stacey, Seinfeld 96-97, Will and Grace's Grace Adler, Wedding Date; Smash)
~~Actress, Jennifer Lawrence is 23 (The Bill Engvall Show; X-Men: First Class; 'The Hunger Games'; Silver Linings Playbook)
~~Actor, Peter Hermann is 46 (Guiding Light's Michael Burke, All My Children's Wayne Kabak, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit)
~~Actor, Quinton Aaron (The Blind Side) is 29
~~Actor-singer Carlos Pena (Big Time Rush) is 24
~~Gameshow Host, Jim Lange is 80 (The Dating Game)
~~Dancer, ex-hubby to J.Lo, Cris Judd is 44
~~Actress Pat Priest (Marilyn on The Munsters) is 77
~~Actress, Rose Marie is 90 (The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Doris Day Show, Hollywood Squares)
~~Singer/Actress, Belinda (The Cheetah Girls) is 24
~~Actor, Mike Connors is 88 (Mannix)
~~Actress, Tess Harper is 63 ( No Country for Old Men; Breaking Bad)
~~Actor Rondell Sheridan (That's So Raven, Cory in the House) is 55
~~Actor Larry Mathews (The Dick Van Dyke Show) is 58
~~Author-journalist Linda Ellerbee is 69
~~NASCAR racer, Carl Edwards is 34
~~Singer Joe Jonas (of The Jonas Brothers) is 24
~~Singer-guitarist Tom Johnston (of The Doobie Brothers) is 65
~~Singer, Bobby Caldwell is 62
~~Drummer, Tommy Aldridge is 63 (Black Oak Arkansas, Pat Travers Band, Ozzy Osbourne, Gary Moore, Whitesnake, Ted Nugent and Thin Lizzy)
~~Drummer Pete York (of The Spencer Davis Group) is 71
~~Songwriter Jimmy Webb is 67
What Your Facial Features Say About Your Personality
Apparently our personality is written all over our faces. Certain facial features are supposed to tell others about aspects of our life story. Here are a few examples:
1. Have a rounded forehead? You are most likely creative, artistic, highly emotional and not always logical.
2. A forehead that slants back means you're entrepreneurial and like to get results. These people also tend not to like to talk about themselves.
3. Flat foreheads are signs of liking to think on things before taking action.
4. Strong eyebrows means lots of confidence, with a logical approach to life and strong sex drive to match.
5. Naturally thin eyebrows mean that you might struggle with your self confidence.
6. If your eyebrows are plucked to be super thin it gets in the way of your ability to be assertive and can bring abusive partners into your life.
7. Big, beautiful eyes means someone has an open heart and likes to talk a lot.
8. Small eyes are a sign of someone who is more introverted and keeps their emotions close to their chest.
9. A prominent nose means you care about the quality of work and pick up on those small details a lot of other people miss. You also might be picky, a perfectionist, and like to plan ahead.
10. A small nose means you aren't a perfectionist but instead you're efficient. They don't sweat the small stuff.
11. Have a large mouth and full lips? You should be a naturally giving person and relationships are especially important to you.
12. A small mouth with small lips means you like to be alone and are not someone who's constantly attached at the hip to someone else.
13. A larger bottom lip means you're a pleasure seeker who can sometimes go overboard.
14. A strong chin means you're independent with a strong sex drive.
15. Have strong round cheeks? You give good advice to people whether they ask for it or not.
16. Flat cheeks means you don't like getting orders or taking them.
17. Have a strong jaw? You're probably competitive and a little judgemental.
Facebook Use Could Turn you into A Debby Downer
Facebook doesn't make people happier.
In fact, research has found that Facebook use actually predicts a decline in a person's well-being.
The study used 82 young adults with smartphones and Facebook accounts. It measured how the users thought, felt and behaved by texting them at random times five days a week for two weeks.
The more the subjects used Facebook during one time period, the worse they felt.
And, the more participants used Facebook over the research period, the more their life satisfaction levels decreased.
** However, researchers also said that they found no evidence that people were more likely to use Facebook when they felt bad.
Fat & Happily Married? Overweight People Less Likely To Divorce
According to a new study… overweight people are less likely to get divorced.
Researchers looked at over 2,700 divorce cases and found couples whose individual weights sit between 101 and 200 pounds are three times more likely to end their marriage than those of any other size.
People weighing between 201 and 250lbs accounted for only 18.21% of the divorces and people weighing over 250lb accounted for just 5% of the divorces.
The study also found that 60% of people put on weight when they are in a comfortable relationship.
Video Of The Day:
Today's video I found of a dog and his best friend doing yoga.. Too cute!